Friday, November 03, 2006

An Interesting Day

I want to share my experiences I had today with you, I found it entertaining as well as unique. I sat down to watch the news at 12:30, my daughter was playing in her room. I shut the T.V. off so I could enjoy the silence and think of the plans for the day. Just moments later, I heard the side door slam shut. I had locked the door when I came in with my daughter from school, I jumped thinking the husband came home early for some reason or someone got a hold of our house keys. I cautiously walked to the side door to find it still locked with no one around. Now I know what my door sounds like being slammed shut, I have to hear it a dozen times a day with kids running in and out. Just another 'event' to write down in the books I guess. An hour later, I sat in the kitchen drinking tea with a slice of pumpkin cake I made. As I finished, I was overwhelmed with nausea and ran to the bathroom to vomit, I never did, but I was sick as a dog for a few minutes, my heart rate pounding away and a bit scared/concerned to what was happening. The feeling passed and I was completely fine moments later (not pregnant folks).
Later at 6pm, I went to the gym. I went into what they call the Cinema room where they play a loud movie on a big screen while you workout. I was in the back of the room on the elliptical and two others in front on the treadmill. I was watching this boring movie and decided to pass the time with suggestive comments. The man in front was running fast on the treadmill, I spoke softly out loud (no one heard me, I could barely hear myself). I told the man that he was done running, to turn the machine down and walk. Would you know, within 15 seconds he did? I thought, hmmm, let me try again. The lady two machines over was walking. I said in a soft whisper, 'go faster, you're going too slow, speed it up, speed it up...'. And again, within 15-20 seconds she tabbed the speed button up and doubled it. I started to laugh, this was way too much fun. I watched the movie for a while and thought, 'well, one more won't hurt'. I stared at the man again who was walking. I softly said,' let's go, it's time to go, you got things to do tonight, go, go, go'. I meant for him to leave, instead I think I told him to go run. Seconds later, he raised his speed up to run. I had to laugh again. I must say this was the best workout in a long time, I have to return and try this again!

No comments: